Peach Momoko Interview




1) Hi @peachmomoko, I'm a huge fan of your work! Can you give us a brief introduction? How long have you been making your living as an artist and what was your education background? Also where did the name peach momoko come from?


Hello. Thank you. My name is Peach Momoko. I have been doing art all my life but my debut in comic conventions was 2015. I was invited by a horror magazine that i am frequently published called “Girls and Corpses”. And a 2019 i debuted my first comic book cover “Marvel Rising”.





2) One of the things that blows me away about your art is that you produce so much. It seems like nearly everyday you are posting new art, which made me think do you make your living from selling original art or by doing freelance or is it a combination of both? How did platforms like instagram impact your career?


I do try to paint everyday. Before and after being published I still try to paint everyday so I can post something. One of my heroes Olivia De Berardinis taught me that “even if you have artist slump and stuck, don’t stop and keep drawing. Instead of stepping away, you have to face the art and overcome any situation. And sometimes the best art is born from random situations” And I live by then way of thought.





3) Who are the artists that inspire you right now and why?


I have too many artists that inspires me and is too hard to just list a few… No reason why I like their art. I just like the art.





4) It seems like you do a little bit of everything, including doing mural work. How did you get involved in doing murals? I imagine its a nice break from being in the studio all day.


I normally do not do Mural. But when the opportunity came up, it was fun. Painting on watercolor paper, blank comic book, a wall… they are all the same. Just size is different...





5) Can you give us a run down of your day to day life in terms of how much you work, what about work/life balance?


I wake up clean the house, walk to dog, paint, walk to dog, paint… eat and sleep is very random for me.


6) How important is it for artists to learn business and marketing in your opinion?


I think it is very important and is a part of being a freelancer. I am fortunate I have a partner that handles that side of the thinking so I can focus only on making art.





7) I like your daily comics and how you leave them open to interpretation. Have you ever thought about collecting these into a book?


Thank you! Yes, I hope to one day make a collection of these and make it into a small art book.






8) What advice do you have to people trying to break into doing illustration as a career? Is there anything you wish you knew before you started that would have helped?



Their are no short cuts or any advice to give to actually succeed in my opinion. Working hard, believing in your art decision… are something we must have. But I believe not only do you need to work hard, but you have to be passionate in what you do to really have a chance in succeeding. Success is born only when preparation (working hard) and chance is met. I am not worthy yet to say I have “succeeded”. I too am still working hard with passion and love in all my art. And still learning everyday.





9) Is there any particular learning exercise that you've used to improve your art that is worth sharing?


Just keep drawing. And never take short cuts.





10) Any shoutouts? Where can people follow you and buy your work? Also what is next for you?


Most of my art is posted on my Instagram @peachmomoko60
Thank you! I know my covers lately has been expensive especially in ebay… and I apologize for my fans suffering to get some of the covers and are selling out… but please do not worry! I still have a lot of covers, short stories, coming out.


Thank you again for all the support. 

Comments

Popular Posts